Energy Consumption Calculator
The Power Consumption Calculator for comfort heating with the Raychem underfloor heating system.
The range of power outputs for comfort heating:
|New Construction - good insulation||35 W/m2 - 60 W/m2|
|Renovation - good insulation||60 W/m2 - 100 W/m2|
|Insufficient insulation - more output required||>100 W/m2|
The above values are for comfort floor heating. Make a heat-loss calculation if in doubt (insulation, room size, number of windows, ...)
Use the Power Consumption Calculator to calculate the approximate power consumption of different floor heating types. In a typical set-up:
- enter your electricity cost per kWh
- enter the surface to be heated
- enter the hours when you want the floor heating system to be switched on – during weekdays and weekends.
Then, click the "Calculate" button at the bottom of the form.
The Power Consumption Calculator will then display:
- the total numbers of hours that your Raychem underfloor heating system will be switched on
- an approximate, average cost per day of the various systems, such as the Raychem underfloor heating system